Welcome to Upstand, owned and operated by Consensus Labs, Inc. (“CLI” or “we” or “us” or “our”). We help organizers crowdsource participation and resources needed to address pressing social problems or needs. We allow our users to measure social sentiment related to a given topic to help estimate their ability to engage others with their cause.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Upstand collects certain information when you register with us, and may collect such information when you use our services or when you visit the Website.
Basic Account Information. If you choose to create an Upstand account, you must provide us with some personal information, such as your full name, username, password and email address. When you use the Website, you may provide us with and post content, including photos, comments and other materials (“User Content”).
Location Information. We may receive information about your location. You may choose to publish your location in your profile or in connection with any User Content you post. We may also determine your location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may store and use information about your location to provide features of our services, such as allowing you to post with your location, and to improve and customize the services.
Analytics Information. We use third party analytics to help measure traffic and usage trends on the Website. These tools collect information sent by your device or our service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assist us in improving the Website and our services. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
Log File Information, Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you visit the Website, certain information is collected using various technologies. We and/or our third party service providers collect and use this information in various ways, including by automatically receiving and recording information on our server logs from your browser, such as your IP address, cookie information, browser type, the page(s) on the Website that you request, and other similar information. Your IP address is identified and logged automatically by our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time of your visit and the page(s) that were visited. We use IP addresses for such purposes as calculating Website usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Site.
Device Identifiers. To the extent that you access the Website through your mobile device, we may collect, access, monitor and/or store certain information such as your unique device identifier.
Third Parties and Affiliates. We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other Website users or our service providers, corporate partners and/or affiliates. Other users may share or disclose information about you when they post on the Website. Our service providers, corporate partners and/or affiliates may share information about you with us, including your browser cookie ID and mobile device ID.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We and our service providers use your non-identifiable “passive” information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, update and improve the Website, display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Website.
We may use the information for, among other things, some of the following general purposes: for data collection purposes, to customize any advertising and content you may see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, diagnose or fix technology problems, contact you, conduct research, and to provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, as well as for other lawful purposes.
In addition, we may use and disclose information collected through the Website as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; and (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our service providers, affiliates and business partners.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Upstand is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve our services and the Website (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information, as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Website to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Website under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to Website, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Website, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Website, or if other Users or third parties have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we, our Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We, our Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Website secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Upstand or guarantee that information on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please help us help you. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Upstand, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Instagram make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. Note that you may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Website, and technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, we, our Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
PRIVACY OF MINORS
The Website is not directed at children under the age of sixteen (16). By using the Website, you represent that you are at least sixteen (16) years old and understand that you must be at least sixteen (16) years old in order to create an Upstand account. We will promptly delete information associated with any account about which we obtain actual knowledge that it is associated with a registered user who is not at least sixteen (16) years old.
Additional Notice to Residents of Countries Outside the United States
Effective Date: 
© 2018 Consensus Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved.